Monday, July 27, 2009

Watch this Space

With the sewing machine in the shop and sewing projects on hold, I thought I'd take advantage of the time and space to rearrange my workspace. I got a new desk, lamp, and chair to make this space more conducive to my craft. Previously I had the sewing machine on top of a chest of drawers and I would take my swivel chair to one room to work on the sewing machine and take it back to the other room to work on the computer.

I love this space! It's still a work in progress but I've outfitted it with some inspirational things. I've been keeping clippings of inspirational pictures or designers from magazines that I've been collecting from places like Russia, Denmark, Estonia, Hungary, Norway and America. I brought back some a kindergarten art project of my handprints back with me from the States - I framed them and put them on my desk to remind me of what I used to be like.

Until I get the sewing machine back I'll be trawling resources for inspiration, so watch this space!

No comments: