Saturday, August 1, 2009

It's my birthday!

My first birthday in Australia! Yesterday we had a great time up at Healesville Sanctuary outside of Melbourne. They have a great display of flora and fauna that you can really get up close and personal with. Many of the animals there have been hit by cars or been injured in bush fires - the handlers are amazing and I loved getting a cuddle by one of the kangaroos.

Sorry I have been a little laxed in the blog department as of late - I have been a little distracted lately but I have been working. After the sewing machine went into the shop I've lost my 'umf' and all I've been able to do is cut and prepare my craft projects for the return of the machine.

Just want to leave you with this awesomeness for the weekend. This is me in the purple ski suit with my sister Sally. I was around 5 or 6 and she was... well... older. It's weird because now we act pretty much the same age. Thanks for sending this to me Sally!!

No comments: