The previous post to this will lead you to believe that I had high hopes of completing the aforementioned challenge. The challenge was that my sister and I would make a table setting from things that we bought, found, or already had. We had a budget, and a time limit, and a theme for each of our tables. My sister succeeded and I'll show you the pictures to prove it. I, on the other hand, didn't succeed. After moving to Australia and trying to get our house together I had a hard time completing the task. I had to track down a sewing machine - I'm currently borrowing my husband's grandmother's Singer machine from Great Britain. Then I had the challenge of finding things within my budget of AUD $30. Everything here is soooo expensive! And I couldn't find the sort of patterns that I was looking for. I ended up finding some fabric in a thrift store, but alas just left it sitting there until I was far beyond the due date. Enough with the excuses; I'll keep working on my table setting and post those pictures when I can.
So, without further ado, here are some pictures of my sisters table setting. Her theme was polka-dots and twigs. Her budget was US $20.
But while I was failing this challenge I was working on some other things for our house in Australia. We got some free furniture from some friendly people and I set to work on refinishing them. I finished a chest of drawers and I'm currently working on some bed-side tables that I bought on ebay Australia for AUD $15. Pictures to come soon!