Monday, March 30, 2009

It's a beautiful day!

Melbourne is easing its way into Autumn, and we've had some gorgeous weather these past few days; not too hot and not too cold. Everything has a glow to it and the sun keeps pushing its way through the clouds.

On this wonderful Monday morning I'm catching up on my blog posts and posting some projects that I've been working on. We got some furniture for free when we arrived here. Friendly people were getting rid of some things and we gladly took them, no matter their condition. I figured it would be good practice to refinish some items.

I got so excited about starting the Chest of Drawers project that I forgot to take a "Before" photo. So I've had to mock-up a rendering for you so at least you know what it looked like before. There were different colored pastels drawers and wooden knobs.


On top of the drawers are my beloved Matrushka dolls from Russia and a impressionist painting one of our Russian friends did of my husband. See the resemblance?

More to come soon!

No comments: