Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Meet me at Mike's

If you haven't heard about this awesome craft collaberation called Meet me at Mike's and if you haven't been introduced to the creative creator Pip then let me introduce you. Meet me at Mike's is a store on Brunswick street in Melbourne run by Pip and her partner Cameron. They live on the second floor of the awesome building that holds Meet me at Mike's, which encompasses all kinds of wares from craft, kitsch, op shop (thrift shop) rescues, vintage, clothes, sewing machines, and even bikes. Cameron was in the shop when my sister and I went to visit and we spent a good 40 minutes wandering around the cozy place touching everything and taking it all in. The park out front of the shop has giant Russian Matryoshka (Babushka) dolls so we had to go take a picture. Meet me at Mike's turned into a book with oodles of different crafters ideas and patterns. I think I might have to put the book on my Christmas wish list - the budget has now been upgraded from $30AUD to $60AUD, look out!

Visit Pip at Meet me at Mike's 63 Brunswick Street, Fitzroy, VIC or visit her blog here.
(Pip was featured in August's edition of Australian Home Beautiful where these images came from)
(Matryoshka dolls in the park across from Meet me at Mike's (the grey and white building))

get the book $45AUD from Hardie Grant Books, or through Amazon.com for $40USD - it's now officially on my Christmas wishlist.

No comments: