Wednesday, June 24, 2009

You might think I'm crazy...

... but I brought my (our) KitchenAid mixer back with me from America last week. The mixer took up half the weight allowance of one suitcase and half the space. It was given to my husband and I from my parents for our wedding 2.5 years ago. It's been in storage at my parents' house and we haven't been able to use it because we decided not to take it overseas with us the last couple of years. I checked the price of KitchenAid mixers and the same model that we have would cost us around $800AUD, which is about 3 times the price my parents paid in America. So I brought it back with me. We'll need to get a power converter before we can use it, but I'm happy its here!

Oh, and it's pink! We didn't choose pink but my mom arbitrarily got us the pink one, and I'm glad she did - my husband doesn't mind either :o)

Also included in the picture here is some wooden kitchenware from a small town in Russia - handmade and painted.


Throughout this week I'll be posting other things that I brought with me from overseas and a few new things that I got here in Australia that I love.

No comments: