Saturday, July 16, 2011

What's your style?

I stumbled upon this fun Find my [Home] Style quiz and immediately tuned out the episode of Wipeout I was watching and took the quiz.

The quiz told me that my style is Earthy Modern and that my design strengths are that I keep up with current trends but have an appreciation for timeless forms and simple lines.

It was kind of an Aha! moment. Not that I didn't already know that I like those things, but for a quiz to tell me that was kind of a confirmation. I automatically thought of this space (featured below) that I've seen on countless blogs and features in Holly Becker's book Decorate. When I first saw the Brooklyn home of Fitzhugh Karol and Lyndsay Caleo my knees got weak. Their home just sings to me! I love the points of interest and the warm natural materials and colours. The only thing I would do to make the space mine is add some different colours; I gravitate towards blues (something the quiz told me, which I totally do), I also love green, grey, brown, and subtle hues of yellow and red.

3_27_10_LyndsayC_FitzhughK22306

3_27_10_LyndsayC_FitzhughK22533

3_27_10_LyndsayC_FitzhughK22752

3_27_10_LyndsayC_FitzhughK22178

photos via The Selby

No comments: